Contributor License Agreement FAQ
- Why do you ask contributor to sign this agreement?
- This is to make sure that we are legally entitled to distribute your contribution together with the rest of the material.
- Does this constitute a copyright assignement?
- No. You remain the copyright owner of your contribution. You simply authorize us to use it explicitly.
- Is this an exclusive agreement?
- No. You can contribute the same code under different licenses, and to other projects.
- Do I need to sign this agreement for each contribution?
- No. You only need to sign it once.
- What's the difference between the individual agreement and company agreement?
- Individuals may be minors, or they might need permission from their employer. Companies need to think about their affiliates.
If you are an individual, please read, fill-in an sign the individual contributor license agreement then submit it to email@example.com
If you are an organisation, please read, fill-in an sign the entity contributor license agreement. then submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org